- 1 Know About Facebook Custom Audience in 2020
More people are using Facebook advertising, and custom audiences and smart targeting become increasingly crucial in ensuring that the target individuals view ads.
With the Facebook custom audience in 2020, you can customize the audience that your ad will reach. This customization could be based on a mailing list, people who previously interacted with your site or brand on Facebook, or visitors to your website. Such people would already be familiar with your brand.
The primary upside of customizing the audience does not have to guess who will see your ads, and since you already know your target, you know what message to put across. With the right message for the right audience, your conversion rate could increase substantially, and you know you are selling people what you know they need.
The Downside of Cold Traffic Targeting
Quite directly, the opposite of targeted marketing, cold traffic means to address the potential customers or buyers; they are the ones still unfamiliar with your brand or service. It would be tough to get those people to change from mere browsers to buyers because there is much convincing to do when selling.
New businesses find such endeavor challenging, and even if Facebook is a great place to find customers (given its massive number of accounts), getting the right people to check your ads and more so, buy, would be the challenge.
The Upside of Facebook Custom Audience in 2020
It is easy to find the right people to target with Facebook custom audiences because you already are getting from the database of people who have previously interacted with your brand. The data gathering process works like algorithm updates: the system crawls information and puts them all together.
The custom audiences Facebook also relies on mobile phone numbers and email addresses of such people; such data are matched to Facebook profiles, thus creating a conveniently specific target audience. You also can tailor your ad to target only a very narrow set of people whom you know for sure will avail of your product or service. Knowing beforehand who will interact with your ad and who will ignore it would mean value for your money.
Types of Custom Audiences
There are various types of custom audiences, each with a specific purpose. Effective use of each type leads to conversions.
- Contact List Audience – a list of customer emails or mobile phone numbers from your customer database. It is manually uploaded via a CSV file. Often, this is a list of people who have used your goods or services. The aim is to target everyone on the list for further sales and conversions.
- Website Traffic Audience – a list populated from people who visited your site for a time frame. If you have a Facebook custom audience pixel installed and the persons visiting your website are logged into their Facebook account, then you can gather such data. The database arises from the profiles of these people who have visited even if they did not entirely interact. The idea is that they are interested; you only need to convert their interest into a purchase, and so you target them.
- Post Engagement Audience – this is a lit of people who have interacted with any of your previous posts or ads on Facebook. How they engaged or where they engaged would give you an idea of their interest; you also get to determine which kinds of ads worked for them, and you may repeat the approach.
When to Use Custom Audience
What is your goal? This question must be what you first ask yourself. If you want an utterly specific result, then you need custom audiences. Why? Because you already have an idea what they want, like, or need, and you can, therefore, offer it.
When to Avoid Custom Audience
Custom audiences may work wonders, but not all the time. Overusing it means you are excluding your other potential customers. It would help if you still made generic ads. A right mix of targeted and cold would be ideal.
How to Set Up Custom Audiences
Here’s how you can set up a custom audience if you decide to use it:
- Decide which types of audience would work for you.
- Go to the Assets menu in your Ads Manager, and you will find Audiences
- create a new audience
- Click Create Audience
- Choose the type.
- For a contact list audience, manually upload a CSV or .txt file to Facebook
- for website traffic audiences, you need a pixel installed on your website to track visitors.
Sync Your CRM With Facebook Custom Audience
Yes, you can sync CRM/Email Marketing Database such as Ontraport, Infusionsoft, or ActiveCampaign with Facebook Custom Audience
Ontraport, for instance, the sync is a built-in feature; for SyncSumo or FuzedApp, you need a third-party tool.
Syncing your CRM to a custom audience prevents you from repeatedly exporting a database of customers and uploading it manually to Facebook.
Remember that while customizing your audience would help you create a more targeted ad, it is not always ideal, especially if you’re still in the stage of creating awareness for your goods or services. It is always best to have the right mix of a targeted and generic ad.
Let us know your thoughts about Facebook Custom Audience in 2020. Leave a message in the box below.
You should also read this : How to create Facebook Ads?