Introduction of HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language):
The full name of HTML is Hyper Text Markup Language. HTML is a markup language not a programming language. If you want to design a web page then you should learn HTML. HTML has not decision making feature while a programming language has decision making feature. Some decision making features are like if else statement, while loop, do while loop, switch case etc. So HTML is a markup language. Markup language means, this language is bundled with many markup tags.
- Here some points are given below about HTML:
- The full name of HTML is Hyper Text Markup Language.
- HTML is a case insensitive language. It means you can use small letter or capital latter while write a tag.
- HTML uses many markup tags to define a web page content. Tags defines paragraph, heading, list, hyperlink etc in a webpage.
- HTML files save with .html or .htm extension.
- HTML is developed by World Wide Web Consortium.
- We are currently using HTML5.
Some Prerequisites for HTML:
- You don’t need of any programming language background to learn HTML.
- You need a web browser in your computer like Internet Exploror, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.
- You need a text editor in your computer like Notepad, Sublime.
How to Write a HTML Program:
- Firstly you need to open notepad, now open a new file and write HTML code in it.
- Now save it with .htm or .html extension.
- Now execute it with some browser.
- You can edit your HTML file by reopen your file with notepad.
- An HTML element is an individual component of an HTML document.
- Every HTML content starts with a start tag that also called opening tag and ends with and end tag that also called closing tag.
- The element content is everything between the opening tag and closing tag.
- Most HTML elements can have attributes.
Example: <P> CONTENT OF ELEMENT </P>
In above example <P> is a start tag and </P> is a end tag.
Document Structure Elements:
- All HTML documents must start with a type declaration : <!DOCTYPE html> . It defines that our HTML document is following the rules of HTML5.
HTML Tag <HTML>: This is the root tag of a HTML document. All other elements are contained in this <html> tag.
HEAD Tag <HEAD>: This tag is used for hold the all information about that webpage. It is also used for contain metadata of a HTML document. Associated files:- CSS file or Java file some description.
BODY Tag <BODY>: This tag is used for displayable content of an HTML document.
Format of an HTML Document:
We can make a webpage by HTML document. Here a format of HTML document is given below:
Place processing information and meta description here
Place Displayable Content Here
<!– write comment –>
If you want to know about JAVA programming language then click here
If you want to know about Android then click here
If you want to know about Ethical hacking click here